have a fetish for pens, love football, and swoon for arrogant, bossy Alpha heroes. I married my Prince Charming on May 15, 1993, and we’re the proud parents of a future Nobel Prize for Science-winning bookworm and an adrenaline junkie with a flair for drama. We also have two cats who refuse to curl up on my lap and keep it warm while I write.
And because I can’t think of anything else to say:
Ten Things You May or May Not Know About Me:
1. I was knocked out of the 4th grade spelling bee when I misspelled “forfeit”.
2. I share my middle name with a Wizard of Oz character.
3. I’ve lived in Massachusetts, Texas, Virginia, Pennsylvania, England, Massachusetts again, New York, New Hampshire, Maine, Missouri, Maine again, and now I have plunked myself in New Hampshire and refuse to move ever again.
4. I share my favorite food with the heroine of Twice Upon A Roadtrip.
5. I say “I’d like a large iced coffee, cream only” into the Dunkin Donuts drive-thru speaker at least twice a day. Three times in the summer.
6. My phobias are seemingly-frozen bodies of water, earwigs, and chicken feet.
7. My weight. And I’m not telling you.
8. I lie about being allergic to coconut.
9. My other dream was to win an Olympic gold metal, but they’ve never had an event I can compete in. (Although I had hope when they made the commerical with the model doing gymnastics to catch Doritos in her mouth. I can do Doritos. It never caught on with the Olympic Committee, apparently.)
10. My favorite movie has always been Yul Bryner’s musical version of “The King & I”, despite my addiction to Happily Ever After.